Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havn't been around much lately, hope all are well. Our busy season is starting at work so its been early to bed at nights.

Zeke and Wolfie are well along-chick, turkey, pork,fish, beef and bits of organ from any of these I can find. Just have to through a couple of chicken feet into Zekesters all meat meals at times. Think they are almost on auto-pilot. Bailey is doing pork well and beginning beef so she is getting there.

Then there is Pax! Chicken was easy, as was the Turkey. Pork didn't go well with little 2oz additions along with chicken quarter--would vomit number of minutes afterward. Week or so later tried same setup with beef and the same vomit problems. Also started to have vomiting after eating a chicken quarter. But he doesn't vomit when it is breast and or boneless thighs.

I use vomit instead of regurgitate as it is a number of minutes before his belly contractions begin and he lets lose in 2-4 separate splashes. Not like the "oops-tried to swallow something to big" regurge.

In reviewing my notes--it seems that chicken quarters are the constant on vomit days.

Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Maybe the chicken leg quarters are just too big of a meal to handle all at once?

·
Registered
989 Posts
I would like to know what everyone thinks about the vomiting too and loose stool, just one of my dogs:smile:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe the chicken leg quarters are just too big of a meal to handle all at once?
That may be in line with where my thoughts were regarding quarters. He started out on quarters with no problem tho so thats where I'm a bit baffled unless his system adapted really quickly and the extra bone while adjusting isn't needed anymore. I even thought about going back to EVO for him.

Total quanity for the day is about 22-24oz as he weighs in at about 85#s, sometimes rowdy sometimes not. He has vomited a meal(always AM) more than half the time in the last two weeks. In checking the vomit, things look pretty well chewed up. He is usually the third out of 4 to finish and gets the 3rd smallest meals, so he does not appear to inhale things.

Last nights meal was fine-- 1 leg and 2 boneless/skinless thighs=12oz or so total. Keep him inside for 15 minutes to watch--no problem. This AM was a leg, another boneless/skinless thigh and some pork- tried the pork to test my theory that it may have been something other that the red meat attempts. Kept him inside for awhile to watch-- no vomit.

Think I'm going to keep trying on the smaller boney size pieces and split the quarters into leg-thigh parts-1 for each meal and lotsa meat only to finish up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the chicken you are feeding have the skin on? If so, try removing the skin and fat.
Up until the last few days- yeah! Got a good deal on skinless/bonelss thighs so that has been a major add-in the last few no problem meals.

He has been getting more of the above thighs- with a portion of a skin included quarter-and more breasts since this all began. Each would have less bone and probably the breasts even have a bit less skin.The goofy thing though, is that quarters skin and all were no issue in the first number of weeks.

Thinking about doing a couple of days of no skin on quarters to try to pinpoint skin or bone issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts