Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the much anticipated 2012 DFC Secret Santa is here!

I'm ready for the entries, but before you enter, please read the following carefully and do NOT submit an entry unless you are prepared and able to comply with ALL rules and deadlines.

DATES

I will get your secret Santa info out to you no later than Sunday, November 11, 2012

ALL packages MUST be shipped no later than Friday, November 30, 2012. This is to allow plenty of shipping time during the holidays, and please be able to ship earlier if you agree to international shipping as delivery can take a long time this time of year.

If you wish to OPEN your package before the big day, that's fine.

RULES
ALL members participating MUST be somewhat active and have joined DFC before July 2012. If you do not meet this criteria, please PM me, and the moderator team will discuss eligibility based on activity, and general standing on the forum.

There is no limit to what you can spend on your Secret Santa, but the minimum is $20 per exchange- not per dog. If you feel like spending more, go for it, but do not feel obligated.

I will assign Secret Santas based on a few criteria. I can't reveal what. ;-) It's MOSTLY random. It will not be done in "pairs."

Do NOT reveal yourself until your recipient receives your gift. So, in a card it fine, on the gift is fine, but not before hand. One of the alluring elements to SS exchanges is the mystery. Don't ruin that for people.

I will not reveal who has who. You get your match- that's it. So don't ask.

If you have a question for your SS, please PM me and I will ask them so as to not reveal the secret.

You MUST abide by all deadlines AND check ins.

CHECK INS
There are a few time throughout the process that you are required to check in with me. This is to make sure that no one is flaking out and allow me adequate time to make up for anyone flaking so NO ONE is left hanging. Please read carefully.

1. When you enter, obviously. Include all the information in the list below. I will confirm I got it.
2. When You get your SS, please PM me to confirm you got it. Please do this within 48 hours, so plan on checking accordingly. You have the dates!
3. Once you mail your package.
4. Once I get word packages have been mailed, I will start a sticky. You MUST post in that thread when you get your package in the mail. Photos are optional (but appreciated) but posting is not optional. It's not fair to those who put in the time, money, and effort to just be left hanging and not know if their stuff ever even made it.

TO ENTER
Please PM me with the following information. Your info will be kept entirely secret, other than to your Secret Santa. By joining you agree to not give this information out to anyone. You also obligate yourself to participate- so don't join before you're certain. I also cross shred all personal information after the exchange, so it won't be lingering about.

1. Your name
2. Your full mailing address (PO box is fine)
3. Your dogs' names, genders, breeds, and ages
4. Your dogs' wish list (PLEASE include sizes/measurements if requesting anything that might need them)
5. Any allergies your dog(s) may have
6. Any items you really don't want your dog to have
7. Your dog's collar/ neck size
8. Whether or not you are willing to ship internationally
9. Any other quirky requests, but please be reasonable. (ie. I despise the color pink and all things pink)

10. Feeding style (this will help your SS gauge what might be appropriate to send.)

I hope that we can have as much fun with this as years past, and that the new implemented rules will avoid the wrinkles that needed smoothing out last year. I apologize if there seem to be "too many" rules, but it's simply to make sure everyone has a positive experience this year. PLEASE note that if you missed a deadline last year, or failed to follow through after signing up, you are NOT eligible to participate this year, and I do have that list so do not waste your time signing up!

I hope many of you will participate, let the holidays begin!

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Yay!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Yay! And I LOVE the new rules! if people don't feel like abiding by these rules which are very simple common courtesy for SS then they really shouldn't participate anyway. I'm so excited!!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Thank you AGAIN Linsey for taking charge of this! On your mark, Get set, SHOP!!!!!!!!!! :)

Reactions: CorgiPaws

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Good idea with some of the new rules.

I don't think I will be participating this year but can't wait to see everyone's pictures and stuff :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Sitting out another year. :( Not in the best financial situation this year.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have quite a few signed up for the 2012 SS exchange, just reminding everyone that the sign ups close November 9th! Don't wait, sign up today!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Almost forgot about this, going to sign up even though I haven't been active for a while. Last year didn't go well for me, all I got was a gift card (which arrived late), and I couldn't even use it because I don't live in the US... :frown: I hope everything works out better this time, if I can join even though I've been inactive.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My SS info is the same as Natalie's :biggrin: Let me know if you want more from me
Wellll, I need you guys to send your actual info since I do not have last year's. The only info from previous years I keep is a list of the people not eligible to participate.

I'm up tonight, will have these messages out by first thing in the morning! Thanks to everyone that participated!!

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright, folks! All the messages should be out, so if you signed up and did *not* get one, let me know ASAP because it means I do not have your info! A huge HUGE thank you to those who were willing to ship internationally! I know it can be a pain but it's wonderful that ALL our members can participate thanks to you! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I hope everyone has a good time with it this year. I did think of one more question for next year though, (Have you participated in DFC SS before, and if so, who did you buy for?) which will help me. I don't *think* anyone got a repeat match, but if you did and would like a different one please PM me and I will try my best to sort it out.

Let the holiday shopping begin!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts