Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, well we're two weeks in on raw food. My husband only held out 2 days on his big dogs. The changes in my sick/injured boy were so immediate that he couldn't let his be left out.
We only had one problem. The tiny girl (3yr. chi/terrier, 4.5lbs) spend 2 days throwing up bile and refusing to eat after her second meal. I finally had to give in and fed her 6 kernels of kibble mornings and raw at night. We did this for a couple of days then took away the kibble again. She's an old pro now. I set her crate on an old end table and she eats in there growling like a tiger if another dog comes near. She particularly likes the pointy ends of the wings.
I find whole chickens to be the cheapest I can get, so, I just portion it out so everybody gets hind quarter morning and breast night or hind quarter one day and breast the next depending on their size.
I will be adding pork this week as it is cheaper and easier to find than turkey. Plus i don't particularly like turkey and they're going to have to share sometimes. (whatcha doing honey? oh, cuttin' us a steak off the dog food).
I've already noticed changes in everybody. The Fila Brasileiro's skin is becoming much more supple and the folds lay smoother (if that makes sense). The Pit Bull has calmed down. He still has plenty of energy but no longer acts as if he has HA/ADD. Both of them are developing a leaner look. The American Eskimo has gone from a scrawny pup to a dog that actually has some heft when you pick her up. I can't wait to see her adult coat. The mini-pin with issues has had major changes. His neck was bald for 3 months from the E-collar.That started filling in almost immediately and is completely covered over now. His eyelashes are growing back and his scarring is smoothing out. The injured eye has become a bluish normal looking blind eye instead of bright red ill-looking thing. It's been almost 4 months there's been plenty of time for this healing to take place before changing his diet. I've taken him off all his meds except for occasional ointment when it seems particularly ichy. The cool thing about him is that our vet was at a loss as to how to help him anymore. He had gotten so ill that when you put him down after holding him, he would just clunk on the floor, he wouldn't even put his feet out. Now he's running again. The tiny girl has gotten more attitude and doesn't scuffle around the edges of everything so much. It's going to be interesting to see how the 2 show dogs do next weekend and how our Fila looks compared to her brothers.
Well, enough long windedness, I'll find free picture hosting so I can show everybody off.
Thanks, Jill

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Hehe, Now you see why raw feeders rave so much about their dog's diets. :smile:

ETA: Kibble feeders have no clue what they are doing to their dogs for the sake of convenience.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Blue- would you mind if we used your "success story" for our website? It would be awesome if we could...I am so glad that all of your dogs are having such a good reaction from it and that you can already see the changes!

Keep up the good work and keep us posted with their progress! :biggrin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts