Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we just picked up 2 (yes, 2!) 10 wk.old puppies-we think they're black lab mixes. Some rotten person dropped off a stray dog (that turned out to be pregnant) at my sister's house in NC & now we have 2 of the 4 puppies. Taz (m) is 20 lbs. & Bella (f) is 15.5-they seem to be healthy & happy & I want to keep them that way. They've just been weaned & have been free-eating Purina puppy chow. The first food I picked up was Nutro Ultra Puppy (only decent food available on post), & after we finish this bag, I'm going to try Verus Puppy Advantage (based on a local pet store rec).

Right now, they get about a cup at each meal 3 times a day, but they seem to be leaving the midday meal, so we may switch to 2x/day. They also really like the Big Catch treats (cod skin/sweet potato).

I don't know if I'm up for raw right now, but will definitely try to get them some bones, eggs, etc. It's great picking up ideas & opinions from this forum...

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Hello and welcome!

I've heard that it can be much harder to raise siblings from the same litter. You may want to keep this in the back of your mind....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I've been warned about adopting littermates-we're trying to treat them like twins, taking them separately on walks, giving them individual attention. But these puppies needed a home & it'll all work out, I'm sure...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts